Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Cafe by the Ruins in Baguio City

Really late post for this one! Cafe by the ruins is another favorite restaurant that we go to when we visit Baguio. They have great coffee and their food is also incredible.

Kesong Puti Salad (210 Php)
My sister and I wanted to order a lot of food from this restaurant because it was our 'despedida' dinner in Baguio. Although we seldom order salads, we tried their Kesong Puti Salad. My sister was actually against this choice because the salad didn't seem to have meat in it. However, the salad was REALLY great and my sister loved it! The kesong puti was breaded with sesame seeds and fried until crispy. The taste was really rich and fresh! Combined with the veggies and their light tasting dressing, the salad was a great starter for our feast!

Forest Stream Soup (Php 100)
I wanted to order something light so I tried their forest stream soup! The flavors of the watercress and mushrooms were really highlighted in this dish! I don't think extreme carnivores would like the veggie taste of the soup though.

Kalabasa Puree (Php 100)
Pumpkin soup will probably win the kids' choice award for soups. Their version of pumpkin soup was really thick and creamy.

Galantina Sandwich (Php 160)
I really did not know what got into me that time but I decided to order a sandwich (which will probably happen once in a year only). I'm not really a sandwich guy so this sandwich wasn't extraordinary for me. The galantina was quite meaty but was rather bland at the same time. I do think this is a healthy choice though because the galantina was definitely steamed and the sandwich was filled with tons of veg.

Carbonara (Php 220)
Then, the carbonara would probably win the kids' choice award for pastas! This carbonara was quite plain though. I'd order other pasta choices if I were you.

Tita Susie's Crispy Tapa (Php 210)
Honestly, my sister's order was the WINNER of the night. It did not look like the standard beef tapa that we all have here in Manila. The tapa, or beef floss, was really crunchy and tasty at the same time. It also tastes better if you add a little vinegar with it! Yuuuummy!

Strawberry Float (Seasonal)
If you come during summer, PLEASE order their strawberry float. I honestly though that they were going to serve softdrinks with ice cream and strawberry syrup but take a look at their float. It was filled with a lot of fresh strawberries and some syrup at the bottom! You HAVE to try this!

Chocolate Fondue
I'm not so sure but this was probably seasonal as well! Their chocolate was not the typical sweet chocolate that they serve in fondues! Their version was darker and richer and even though their chocolate serving was small, the taste definitely compensated the quantity of the dessert.

Ruins Coffee (Php 80)
Served with muscovado sugar at the side! This one was really rich-tasting! A perfect way to end your dinner in Cafe by the Ruins.

This is a great cafe and I highly urge you to drop by whenever you go to Baguio (especially during strawberry season) They also have a great website so visit that (and check their menu) before you go!


Eat them!
Chuntug Street, Baguio City
(074) 442-4010
www.cafebytheruins.com
Share this on Facebook

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yummy!

Post a Comment