Monday, July 4, 2011

Birthday Lunch Treat at Lemuria

My highness, Queen Corn, wanted to treat me with something that I have never tried before for my birthday! Since I haven't eaten in a fine dining restaurant yet, she tried her very best to research about one and so, Lemuria came to life.

FREE Foccacia and Walnut Bread with Balsamic Vinger and Butter
The best things in the world can still be FREE! The Foccacia bread was normal but the walnut bread was awesome! The texture was smooth and the taste was very clean. This was perfect to start our meal for today.


Their place is really small! But, it's very cozy. You'll get the feeling of being part of a rich family or something when you dine in here!

Watermelon and Feta Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette (380 Php)
This salad was really clean tasting! The vinaigrette was not that strong and I really liked how the watermelon and feta cheese met each other.

Shrimp Bisque (280 Php)
Since Queen Corn LOVES shrimp, I ordered Shrimp Bisque for her. I told her that a bisque is a smooth and creamy soup of something from the ocean, and in this case, it was shrimp. She LOVED the soup. It was really made from a lot of shrimps and you can still taste some of the little shrimp parts in the soup.

Duck Leg Confit with Cassoulet (880 Php)
I did not know what confit and cassoulet (pork and beans!) meant but I've watched a lot of food TV hosts who mention confit, confit, and confit in their shows so I wanted to see (feel, and taste) it myself. When this dish came, I though "what the hell, is this steamed duck?" and I told Queen Corn that the dish might lack flavor. When I tasted the soft meat of the duck thigh, I immediately realized that I made a fool out of myself. If I can only propose to this dish, I would do so. It was soft, and each bite of the duck leg tasted like the concentrated flavor of the duck. They somehow made the duck super tasty by enhancing the basic flavor of the duck a million times. This was really gorgeous. I love you.

Short Ribs Bourguignon (750 Php)
Do you see the sauce in the plate? The sauce was a red wine reduction. And they really reduced it till it was thick and flavorful. The ribs were fall off the bone and if you love tender beef, then you would love this dish. The overall flavor of the beef and the sauce was stronger than the duck but, I would still recommend this one if you run out of things to order. This dish also had some mashed potatoes at the bottom and it was a perfect complement to the strong flavor of the beef and the sauce! Yummmmm!

Nuefchatel Cheesecake, Carabao's milk cheesecake with strawberry and Dulce de Leche (290 Php)
The texture of the cheesecake was really weird! It was crumbly and moist at the same time. It was quite sweet though and the flavor was strong and perhaps that was the reason why the cake slices were small. The caramel telephone cord was cute though!

If you're looking for a great fine dining restaurant experience, I highly recommend Lemuria. Their service is phenomenal as well! Try to budget at around 1500 per person and you'll be good to go!


Thank you for the pictures, Queen Corn!


This place should not be too hard to find! You'll see a lot of signs along the way.

Eat them!
5 Julieta Circle
Horseshoe Village, Quezon City
(02) 724-5211, 724-6306
www.lemuria.com.ph (they have a location map in their site)


Share this on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment